A World of Ideas Awaits
One of Asia's largest design and creativity resource center
Established in 2005, TCDC Resource Center aims to be a place for designers, students, entrepreneurs and enthusiasts in design and creativity to develop and expand their knowledge and skills as well as to help strengthen capability and competitiveness of Thai designers in a global market place.
Our resources include :
- More than 55,000 books covering various interests in design discipline, e.g. art history, interior design, architecture, fashion, textiles, graphic design, photography, film, etc.
- Approximately 210 titles of magazines and journals
- Over 5,800 multimedia: films, documentaries, and TCDC’s workshops and lectures on iPod and iPad.
- Online Databases on fashion industry, marketing and digital media
- Passport GMID (Global Market Information Database), formerly known as Euromonitor Passport, is a marketing tool that contains data for many countries on consumer market sizes, market data & forecasts, consumer lifestyles, companies and brands.
- WGSN (World Global Style Network) is the world’s leading trend forecaster. The company enables subscribers to make better design decisions by identifying and analysing the trends that will shape commercially successful products and services in the future. WGSN’s inspiration and insight are only available through online subscriptions to a variety of state-of-the-art digital tools and through bespoke consultancy services.
- STASH is the online resource of visual effects and animation projects from both professional designers and design enthusiasts around the world.
- A collection of over 7,500 innovative materials in Material Connexion® Bangkok
- Facilities and services, e.g. reading rooms and movie rooms.
TCDC Chiang Mai What's On @ Chiang Mai
TCDC Chiang Mai is our first regional design resource center, offering the same full slate of services available to users in Bangkok. Continuing to expand opportunities for learning about design, TCDC reaches out to entrepreneurs, designers, students, people in Chiang Mai and the upper north and offering them the knowledge and tools to turn original, innovative ideas into real economic returns. Our approach is focused on wedding Thailand’s intellectual assets, its rich cultural heritage, and the latest technologies to create distinctive goods and services with strong potential for success in the local and international marketplace.
- TCDC Resource Center Offering creative and design resource within the vibrant atmosphere. The library houses over 9,000 volumes of design publications, 80 periodicals, 1,000 items of design resources in multimedia formats, and GMID marketing database, providing various dimensions of knowledge which is the primary process of national human resource.
- Material ConneXion® Chiang Mai Experience real materials that world-class designers used to create their works with over 8,000 material database and 300 rotating samples. Here’s your chance to explore materials used by world-class designers and keep up to date with new trends in the world of design materials.
- Seminar activities & Design and product development workshop Give the local designers and entrepreneurs opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills, including news center service, publishing media and website.
- Design and Educational Exhibitions Ignite the audiences’ imagination and inspiration by organising design and creative contests continually.
- Creative Showcase Give the emerging designers and entrepreneurs chances to test their market potential and build their quality business network.
- Design Consulting Services and Strategic Business Planning Support local entrepreneurs and designers to develop their own business and empower them to create globally competitive products and services.